Some Kind of Wonderful (Grand Funk Railroad)

I’ve been listening to my favorite songs and keeping all those memories to myself. I need to keep the promise I made months ago and keep my word to share my life. Maybe no one cares. That shouldn’t matter. I’m doing this for myself. If other people get into it, that’s cool.

I was watching a reaction video on YouTube this morning featuring this song. The YouTuber is listening to music suggested by people who are encouraging him to discover music that is out of his realm of experience and it has been glorious watching him find new stuff to love in places he never anticipated.

I only performed this song one time at a karaoke bar. The ending can be quite tricky. But it is an anthem type song and people got into it. It’s wasn’t about me anymore, it was about people singing. And that was nifty.

I think this song is celebrating a certain point in your relationship when you realize what you have. It can happen more than once in your life if you’re lucky. You want others to know you have someone and something rare and special. 

For me, it’s very hard to be still when I hear it. I always sing along. And I sing it loud.

“Can I get a witness?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Know Me Is To Love Me

Hemorrhage by Fuel